wall of sustained low end feedbackesque fuzz?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Albini_Fan, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    i've been told the boss distortion could do this, but i'm not sure. the big muff came close, but didnt have enough of deathly low end nrrrr that i want.
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I think there's a way to modify a Big Muff to achieve what you're looking for by adding a little bass to the mix. I'm still looking for it to do it to mine.
  3. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Ummm, I use a Shin Ei fuzz for that effect... Mind you mine is from the 60's and it is probobly worth more than my bass, but it gets the job done... The Zvex Wolly Mamoth or a Effector 13 Beautiful Disaster may be your ticket... The BD is only 100 shipped!...

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    ZVex Wooly Mammoth gets my vote.
  5. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    Turn up the balance and gain, and tweak the eq on the BOSS and it'll do what you want.
  6. D.A.R.K.

Aug 20, 2003
    there's lots of big muffs out there, and all the different issues sound different. the newest ones, all black, sound pretty bad.
    i bought a reissue in '89, and i can't get rid of it, silver with blue writing, it's super zen sick on the lows. older muffs sound better, especially ones with germanium(?) transistors..
    there's also this old pedal, called a super fuzz, it's blue with an orange pedal-top, joe from the thrones/ex-melvins uses one, it's also unreal.
  7. Albini_Fan

Albini_Fan Banned

Jan 26, 2003
    Beneath Below
    the boss is the cheapest, so i'll probably look into that.

can it do a low, electrical like hum?

like, hum, hum, hum, hummmmm?
  8. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    I think I know what you mean. Yes, turn the balance, gain amd high eq up on the BOSS, and the tone (or treble) on you bass down. It make a BIG fat sound then.