1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wallpaper

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Steve S, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
    I have to remove wallpaper from several rooms in my house. I've tried wetting the wall but it doesn't seem to help with the removal. I can tear away some of it but the rest doesn't come off. Is there something else that I can do besides scraping it off?

2. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Isn't there some sort of wall-paper remover substance? I have not had to do that in years but I recall buying this stuff that you sort of slather on and it loosens up the paper so you can remove it easier.
    From my recollection, it helps a whole lot but you still may have to scrape some off.

3. that-guy

that-guy

Aug 6, 2010
    Melbourne
  4. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Blowtorch!

5. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    DEP. Follow their instructions and it should come right off. Get the thing that makes holes in the paper too, it helps the product penetrate the paper. You should be able to get both at any hardware store type place.

6. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Dep or a damp towel and a hot iron.

The hot iron not for use on old horsehair & plaster style walls.

7. emor

emor

May 16, 2004
    kcmo
    Paper Tiger

[​IMG]

That ought to work unless it was applied to sheetrock without priming first. If that is the case, sucks to be you.

8. Yep on the tiger. I've gotten good results using something called *Zinser* IIRC

9. NML1986

NML1986

Feb 25, 2012
    Lincoln UK
    Wish I had one of those at the time, I just used elbow grease. :(

10. Steve S

Steve S

Jul 26, 2000
  11. I do remember that if you lay into it w/the tiger there will be marks on the drywall(that showed through the paint later); let the solution soak in a bit & you won't have to work so hard.