Walrus Slo alternative

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tyrael, Nov 10, 2020.

1. tyrael

tyrael

May 6, 2020
    I'm searching for an ambient/experimental type of reverb pedal for composing with my bass. I came across a demo of the walrus Slo:

I love the sounds and this is something I'm looking for. However, I have noticed that many(!) people are reporting noise issues (in walrus pedals in general but even more for Slo..)

I could try ordering one but I was also wondering if there was a similar type of reverb from other (more reliable) manufacturer?
    Thanks!

2. mmbongo

mmbongo Regular Human Bartender Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Earthquaker Afterneath
    Matthews Effects Cosmonaut

I want both for my guitar rig :)

Rolling Thunder likes this.
  3. I've added this to my board recently and haven't noticed any noise issues.
    Granted I'm just getting my feel for it but I love it so far.

4. HCF

HCF Of course, YMMV

Nov 30, 2008
    Amsterdam
    I have had the Slö since April or something and i haven't noticed any noise.

It has been my favourite pedal on my pedalboard.

kevmac likes this.
  5. HCF

HCF Of course, YMMV

Nov 30, 2008
    Amsterdam
    But you seem to have already made up for mind...

6. tyrael

tyrael

May 6, 2020
    No I haven't made up my mind. I actually really want to get that pedal, I haven't found anything like it for now and it is the sound I'm looking for. Here are the reasons why I was searching for an alternative:

Walrus Audio SLO a noisy pedal ?

On the last thread, there also seem to have a reply from Walrus themselves stating that the chip they used for the Slö is inherently noisy...

It's reassuring to see that you guys have a positive experience with it! Maybe I'll go for it and report here :)

HCF likes this.
  7. tyrael

tyrael

May 6, 2020
    Thanks for the suggestion! I'll have a look at those

8. +1 for the EQD Afterneath, it's amazing

Lammchop93 likes this.
  9. kevmac

kevmac

Mar 17, 2019
    Rhode Island
    I've had mine for a couple of weeks and noise hasn't been an issue that I've noticed.I have however noticed it is a great sounding verb pedal with a lot of flexibility.Does the weirdo stuff and conventional sounds alike.Maybe the weird stuff isn't your bag but it's nice to have it in the rare occasion.

tyrael likes this.
  10. I love my oceans 11 for the stock and the crazy reverbs... never noticed any noise with mine

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021