1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Walter Becker - Circus Money !!!!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Psychicpet, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Psychicpet

Psychicpet Guest

Mar 13, 2004
    Friend and Endorsee of Larry
    ok, so a little late to the party, but I did finally find a copy of Walter Becker's new CD "Circus Money"

good lordy bagordy!! really fun CD with some great grooves going on and all from Walter!!!

you gotta know that it's gonna be a great bass tone when it's Walter on bass and the producer is none other than Larry Klein... stellar tones.

:bassist::bassist::bassist:

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ....bought this the day it came out.
    For me, it's a disappointment.
    Every tune, seemingly, has the same groove (quasi-Reggae) in the same tempo (more or less).

3. Psychicpet

Psychicpet Guest

Mar 13, 2004
    :bag:

that's kinda what I dig about it....

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...no problem. No doubt, it is a recording with a nice sound.

5. Psychicpet

Psychicpet Guest

Mar 13, 2004
    ya, that's the main thing for me. I approach it almost as like taking my ears to a spa :smug: the recording quality and nuance is stellar and the vibe is great. Also, I don't feel as though I'm getting stoooopider as I listen to it :p

6. ZenderBender

ZenderBender

Feb 11, 2008
    Brooklyn NY
    Personally, I'm just getting deep into that record right now. I love the reggae aspect of it. I also think that the record is a great rebuke to those who criticized Keith Carlock's performances on the last two Steely Dan albums as being too "canned" or "drum machiney" or whatever. I think that the these last two solo albums (Circus Money and Morph) are the best that either one has ever put out. The songwriting is spot-on, the grooves are DEEP, and the production is warm and clean. This album is also a definite improvement over 11 Tracks. 11 tracks suffered from mediocre songwriting, and stiff, conspicuously computerized production.

7. Psychicpet

Psychicpet Guest

Mar 13, 2004
    yep.

still getting regular spins around the house and in the car.

:smug: