Walter Lure, Johnny Thunders/Heartbreakers, RIP

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Michedelic, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

The other guitarist in the band that was the transition between Max’s Kansas City glam and CBGB’s punk, headed, of course, by the New York Dolls’ ill-fated Johnny Thunders. Lure went on to become a stock broker(!). Richard Hell spent time on bass after exiting Television and before forming his Voidoids. The ‘breakers went to England to show the young punk pups over there how it got done, and that unfortunately meant bad NYC habits as well. Speaking of which, while you’ll probably only hear “Chinese Rocks”, I’ll go with this...

Walter Lure Death - Obituary | Walter Lure Dead - Passed Away - Inside Eko
    Their lone album was produced by Speedy Keane, of Thunderclap Newman.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    GregC, kobass, PWRL and 1 other person like this.
  2. PWRL

PWRL

Sep 15, 2006
    Well that's all of 'em, I guess. Too bad, it was nice to have one Heartbreaker left.
    I was listening to some Thunders bootlegs he was on, and those 2 going back and forth giving each other crap was always funny.

In addition to his guitar playing, I thought that the way he went out and got a straight job after being a rock star was pretty admirable. He seems to have lived a longer and happier life than a lot of his contemporaries.

GregC likes this.
  3. sleddogn

sleddogn

Sep 8, 2013
    i'm in lex ky, hell is from here.... always thought that was cool, was credited for the punk style clothes he wore

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021