Walter Woods Amp help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by spliffnriff, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Hi guys, when I was trying to record today, we took a cable from direct out (in the front of the amp) to the board.
    So, On the guitarist's amp, this cut out the output to his speaker, but with the Woods, I was still getting sound out of my speaker. Is this normal and is there a way to stop this?
    Normally I mike my speaker, but we are trying to plug directly to the Boss BR1600
    Thanks
    Al

2. kjones

kjones

Dec 4, 2004
    Maryland
    I'm probably missing something, but why did you have your speaker plugged in?

Jeff Scott likes this.
  3. I thought I had to keep the speaker plugged in due to wattage or am page or something about loads.

So, if I understand correctly, by plugging in, to the direct out, I can then remove the speaker cable and that wouldn't affect the amp?
    That is good to know.
    Thank you so much.
    Greatly appreciated

4. kjones

kjones

Dec 4, 2004
    Maryland
    You've probably heard the many warnings about turning on a TUBE amp without being connected to the speaker, which is very bad. You should be AOK with a WW amp to use it that way.

spliffnriff and Munjibunga like this.
  5. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru..........

Apr 11, 2006
    And if you are still paranoid, keep the master control fully CCW, although in practice this makes no real difference.

spliffnriff likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021