1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Walter Woods Cases

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by willrwilli, May 6, 2004.

1. willrwilli

willrwilli

Jul 15, 2002
    I was wondering what fellow Woods owners are carrying their amps in. I am open for any suggestions. I have recently almost dropped this amp, and want to know what is out there.

2. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    I'm using a little padded accessory bag with a shoulder strap. Works great, I can carry the amp, the bass, and a small cab all at once. I've also seen quite a few Pelican cases used by WW owners, those are the waterproof camera-type cases that you can get at many electronic stores. I'd like to get a hard shell case for mine, I may check into a Pelican this weekend. It's kinda like a nice bass, if you spend that much on an amp it's a good idea to protect it from gorillas and beer spills. :)

3. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    Attached are pics of a case custom made by Modern Cases. This is the best case I've come across for portability, weight, and protection.

4. Mooradian makes a nice WW case. It's soft & light & well padded.

That Modern case looks great, too.

Aloha,

Jonathan

5. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    I use a Compaq laptop bag for mine. It was FREE(!) and has enough room for a tuner and my cables. The Mooradian is super nice though.

6. BenF

BenF

Mar 29, 2001
    Boston area
    I use a Pelican 1500 case.

7. willrwilli

willrwilli

Jul 15, 2002
    This has been some great information. Where can a Modern Case be purchased from?

8. SKB mini mixer case.... Perfect!

9. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    I sent you a PM. Anybody want info on where to order a case send me a PM and I'll give out the info. I have a friend that's a Modern Case dealer and it is reasonably priced through him. He is also the person that they designed it for originally.

10. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I bought the Mooradian at Jonathan's suggestion and it's perfect! Heavily padded, lightweight, very well designed. Around $80, as I recall. Me 'n my Ultra like it! :cool: Thanks again, Jonathan.

11. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    I use a Samosonite laptop bag it has a second compartmaent perfect for cables and such.

That modern case looks nice though.

AJ