Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Walter Woods Cases

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by willrwilli, May 6, 2004.

1. willrwilli

willrwilli

Jul 15, 2002
    I was wondering what fellow Woods owners are carrying their amps in. I am open for any suggestions. I have recently almost dropped this amp, and want to know what is out there.

2. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    I'm using a little padded accessory bag with a shoulder strap. Works great, I can carry the amp, the bass, and a small cab all at once. I've also seen quite a few Pelican cases used by WW owners, those are the waterproof camera-type cases that you can get at many electronic stores. I'd like to get a hard shell case for mine, I may check into a Pelican this weekend. It's kinda like a nice bass, if you spend that much on an amp it's a good idea to protect it from gorillas and beer spills. :)

3. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    Attached are pics of a case custom made by Modern Cases. This is the best case I've come across for portability, weight, and protection.

4. Mooradian makes a nice WW case. It's soft & light & well padded.

That Modern case looks great, too.

Aloha,

Jonathan

5. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    I use a Compaq laptop bag for mine. It was FREE(!) and has enough room for a tuner and my cables. The Mooradian is super nice though.

6. BenF

BenF

Mar 29, 2001
    Boston area
    I use a Pelican 1500 case.

7. willrwilli

willrwilli

Jul 15, 2002
    This has been some great information. Where can a Modern Case be purchased from?

8. SKB mini mixer case.... Perfect!

9. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    I sent you a PM. Anybody want info on where to order a case send me a PM and I'll give out the info. I have a friend that's a Modern Case dealer and it is reasonably priced through him. He is also the person that they designed it for originally.

10. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I bought the Mooradian at Jonathan's suggestion and it's perfect! Heavily padded, lightweight, very well designed. Around $80, as I recall. Me 'n my Ultra like it! :cool: Thanks again, Jonathan.

11. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    I use a Samosonite laptop bag it has a second compartmaent perfect for cables and such.

That modern case looks nice though.

AJ