SOLD Walter Woods Green Light Amp FS Only

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Latinbass, Jul 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Latinbass

Latinbass Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2006
    Northern New Jersey
    Here I have a Walter Woods Green Light for sale. I have been trying to get in touch with Walter but man, it is difficult to track this guy down nowadays. I was able to locate him 4 years ago and sent him another amp for cleaning and upgrade.

This amp works but it is a bit scratchy - so it needs cleaning or a service by the man, Walter. Again, I have used it at gigs about 5 times in the last 2 years and it never fails. I am more of a tube warmth sound addict so the Walter doesn't get much use.

To summarize the bad:
    It needs a service
    The direct out jack doesn't work
    small 1/4" tear on the power chord (it was jammed with other
    equipment so the outer layer of the power chord has a tear. To be clear - the power chord does not need replacement
    I have the tear cover with black electrical tape.

The good:
    Plenty of power 300watts at 8ohms / 450watts at 4ohms
    Both channel work/all eq's controls work

This is for sale only: Let's say $850 FIRM If you think am nuts - just PM me and tell me so.
    I have seen these selling for a lot higher. would prefer a non-fee payment.

If it doesn't sell - I will file a "missing people report" to locate Walter and get it serviced.:)
    DSC09233_zpsf9b96af4.gif
    DSC09236_zpsb981de01.gif

2. Dee-man

Dee-man Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Schweet! Very tempted. When was amp made and are you only owner? Interested in any trades? Thanks, DM

3. Latinbass

Mar 12, 2006
    Northern New Jersey
    I am second owner. 1st owner bought it new in the early 2000 but ended up getting the 1200 watts version later and this one was collecting dust until I got it. The only trade I may consider is a 4 string jazz bass..

4. Dee-man

Dee-man Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks for the prompt info. Let me mull it over. Good luck regardless, DM

5. Latinbass

Mar 12, 2006
    Northern New Jersey
    This baby is off the market. No Longer for sale.

Got in touch with Walter Woods and he provided instructions on how to get the amp cleaned up.

Thanks,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.