Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Walter Woods head $1,000

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by KUNGfuSHERIFF, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Offering for sale my Walter Woods MI 100-4, a handmade head the size of a cigar box which puts out 100 Watts into 4 ohms. Completed September 26, 1989 it is a seven-pound red anodized aluminum box with black fiberboard top and bottom.
    The preamp is single-channel, and has "loud" and "soft" inputs, an input gain, bass knob with more/flat/less switch, midrange, treble also with three-way switch and master volume. Sounds great, with a flexible, powerful preamp. It's very loud and seems to like Eden speakers best.
    The left panel has an on/off/on switch, orange power-on light and two speaker outputs. The back is ribbed with heat fins, and has two long bolts where the posts to wind the power cord around were attached. The posts are missing but the screws are intact. Otherwise in excellent cosmetic condition and perfect working order.
    Asking $1,000. Prepay and get shipping and insurance included in the purchase price, or COD and buyer pays for shipping. Can arrange to email pics to those seriously interested.
    Located in Albany, NY.
    basic4@hotmail.com

2. bump
    New info: it may be a '70s-vintage head refurbished in '89. Pics should be available this weekend, so PM me with requests.

3. Photos finally available. PM me.

4. His knobs are different, but I doubt it affects the amp's lovely tone.
    KFS is not affiliated with NeedMoreBass or anyone except Mrs. KFS.