1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Walter Woods mi 100

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by peteswanson91, Jul 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peteswanson91

peteswanson91 Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Need to sell. Asking $600

2. peteswanson91

Sep 22, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
  3. Tbeers

Tbeers

Mar 27, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Can you post a picture?

4. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    Never thought I'd see the day when a Walter Woods would sit unclaimed at $600. If I ever so much as hint at selling mine in the presence of other WW owners, they jump on me wanting to snag it as a back-up. Is Acoustic Image's marketing department really that good?

5. Does it come with wafers?

:)

- Wil

6. Tbeers

Tbeers

Mar 27, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I think that a picture or two would help it sell.

7. peteswanson91

Sep 22, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    email me for pics....i am stupid and dont know how to post pics here

8. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    In today's market the MI-100/Low Power amp is considered underpowered. Walter has even stopped making them, almost everyone wants the 1200 watter.

9. peteswanson91

Sep 22, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Seeing that its $600 now, I can't imagine more of bargain for a Woods amp.

10. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Sigh. Walter stopped making the MI-100 a long time ago because he introduced the ElectroAcoustic models. I bought a LoPower ElectroAcoustic model in '98 (around there anyway) and it has been more than sufficient for my needs.

The only MI-100 I got to look at upclose was Mike Formanek's in the early 90s. He'd had it since he was in the Bay area in the 70s. These amps are STURDY.

If somebody is looking for an amp for an upright that's small, sturdy and gets a great sound, this would be a great amp to buy.

For $600, it's also a DEAL.

11. Jeremy Allen

Jeremy Allen Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    Yeah, but it's a bit of a marketing game as far as I can tell. I've got the same amp as Ed, and I never turn the thing up more than halfway. Now, I don't use it with death-metal bands or anything, and it won't drive an Acme B2, but I don't need it for either of those things.

Remember when you drove down to my house in Attleboro and played through my Woods, Brian? I can't remember if I was trying to sell it then or not, but I'm still using the same one.

12. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Johono5,

Gotta love screen names...I had no idea it was you.

Still got that amp, eh? I passed on it because I was concerned about the power. Eventually picked up an MI-225 used while waiting for a High Power I ordered to arrive. After 2.5 years (!!!) Walter told me he might never get around to building my amp and suggested I find a used one which I did. I do find that on some gigs I do crank it up pretty high so I made the right choice in not buying your Low Power.

BTW I was impressed enough with the Compas strings you were using that I went with a set of Garbos and have been very happy with them.

You still down in Attleboro?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.