Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Walter Woods Pics???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DEVILMAN, Jun 18, 2004.

1. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    Does anyone have any pics of the back of an Ultra they can post? Did a search already...

thanks,
    ~S~

2. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    The back? You mean the back panel, where the speaker jacks are? I can probably post one, if you give me a day or two to get my digital camera back from the 'rents. Can I ask what you're looking for? Maybe I can just tell you....

3. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    Mr. non,

I'd like to see the speaker(s) out. Plus whatever may be there...

thanks,
    ~S~

4. nonsqtr

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    They're just ordinary phone jacks, two of them wired in parallel. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

5. nonsqtr

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Here ya go. The first one shows the back of the amp with two large size 1/4" speaker plugs connected, the second shows the same thing without anything plugged in.

6. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Just so people know those 2 silver circles are post like things to wrap the power cord around. they are very easy to remove(unscrew) and a nice touch.

AJ

7. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    Excellent & thanks a millon!

I guess you can run 2- 4ohm cabs(1per output) on it,correct?

~S~

8. nonsqtr

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    NO!!!!!

Don't do that, you'll fry the amp.

It states clearly on the bottom cover, "minimum impedance 4 ohms". That means, you can use two 8-ohm cabs, but only one 4-ohm cab.

9. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    Thanks for clearing that up non. Don't wanna fry an Ultra out of stupidity or fun(big $$$)...

~S~

10. nonsqtr

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    If you happen to get one of the WW "stereo" amps, you can run 4 ohms per side. However if you're combining channels in bridged mode, the minimum impedance is still 4 ohms. On an Ultra, and the other mono models, the minimum is also 4 ohms. Yeah, that would be an expensive surprise. :)

11. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    According to Walter, if you do by accident run a load lower than 4 ohms the amp has a protection circuit that will shut it down. Supposedely no harm will be done.