Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Walter Woods price

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by CBFinet, Dec 28, 2002.

1. CBFinet

CBFinet

Nov 11, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm looking at buying a used Walter Woods amp and I wanted to make sure I'm getting a decent price on it. I would contact Walter himself, but he's out until mid January. I posted this on another WW thread, but I thought I would get more replies if I post it seperately. The amp is 3 years old and is the 800/1200 watt mono 2 channel model (blue light). The price is $2050...does this sound right? I'm only asking because I haven't seen the new prices listed anywhere The guy I'm buying from seems like a nice guy and all; I just want to check.
    Thanks,
    Chris

2. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I could be wrong about this, but as
    far as I know, you can buy the top
    of the line mono 2 channel amp for
    around $2,100. Seems like this guy
    is asking ALOT of money.

3. He knows he can. Law of supply and demand, in this case lots of demand and little supply.

4. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    For WW amps it is a seller's market.

5. CBFinet

CBFinet

Nov 11, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    Well, it looks like I'm getting the amp regardless of the price. I know the WW amops don't really depreciate much and the waiting list is too long for me, so it's a done deal. The amp was just bench tested by Walter himself, so I have no worries about the working order.
    Thanks for the help guys,
    Chris

6. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Yer welcome.

Yer welcome.

7. LowNote

LowNote Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2002
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    I bought the blue light Ultra model from WW in October and the price was $2149 plus tax and shipping.