Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Walter Woods Problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by willrwilli, Nov 27, 2005.

1. willrwilli

willrwilli

Jul 15, 2002
    Okay this is really strange. I have a Walter Woods High Power Stereo amp. Last night during a live recording at my chruch I had no sound. We played the first 2 songs and when we started the third I had no sound. When I turned off the amp, it never completely powered off. After I unplugged it I was able to get a sound (not a good one but a sound none the less). There were a couple of new situations here. I was using a used Tube Works direct box for the first time. I plugged into the box and then ran it into the Woods. Also it was being ran through a sound system with people who did not know they were doing. Other than that I have used the same set up for the last year and a half. Could this have been caused by the direct box? I did not get my true sound until I disconected the box and reset the Woods for the second time.

2. willrwilli

willrwilli

Jul 15, 2002
    Just wanted to leave an update. Talked to Walter about this, and he said it had something to do with either the DI or the PA system that was being used. He also said the amp did what it was supposed to do, and that is shut down. The amp has been flawless since this incident.

3. synaesthesia

synaesthesia

Apr 13, 2004
    UK
    Could this be phantom power at the board being fed to your DI?

4. Phantom power is the only thing i can think it could be too . . . but im no expert

5. willrwilli

willrwilli

Jul 15, 2002
    That could be very possible. The sound crew at our Church has their share of issues, and they were using a board they rented 2 hours before the concert. That would be my first guess.