Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Walter Woods Stereo Amp Arrived today

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by willrwilli, Feb 6, 2004.

1. willrwilli

willrwilli

Jul 15, 2002
    :hyper: I just received what I think is my last amp, or at least I hope so. I just received my new Walter Woods Stereo Amp, and it is amazing. Although there is tons of praise on this site, nothing compares to having one of these in your hands. I still can't beleive all of this sound is coming from something this small and light. Both my Warwick, and Ken Smith are alive again.

2. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
    More info?

Model? Watts? Pix? Review?

3. willrwilli

willrwilli

Jul 15, 2002
    No pictures yet, but it is the high power stereo model. I also have an Aguilar DB 750, and this Walter Woods does everything the Aguilar does in a package 40 pounds lighter. I play in a big church, and that will be the true test tommorrow. I went with the stereo due to having two 4 ohm cabinets, and one 8 ohm.

4. odie

odie Supporting Member

AMPS!! :bassist:

5. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    You say stereo, is it the 2 channel mono or 2 channel with stereo power amp? If stereo power amp, are you running it bridged or in stereo mode?

6. willrwilli

willrwilli

Jul 15, 2002
    It is a stereo amp. I am currently running it in stereo when I use 2 cabinets. With one I bridge it.

7. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    How did it do on the church gig? What cabs are you using?

8. willrwilli

willrwilli

Jul 15, 2002
    It was unreal. One of our other drummers walked into chruch, and he said he knew something was different. He was amazed how warm the sound was, and how the high end was clean and clear. I use Bergantino cabs. At church I have a HT-322, and a HT -210. It was cool because after all of the band menbers were passing the amp around shaking our heads. It is amazing a light and small package sounds so big

9. Reefer

Reefer Guest

Mar 9, 2003
    All you need now is a Berg HT112 for the ultimate portable rig. I was using my WW Ultra with one Berg HT112 in a club a couple of nights ago and another bassist sat in and was blown away with the tone and the amount of volume my little rig pumped out. He normally uses a Berg 1x15" and a 2x10" with a Demeter preamp and QSC power amp. He walked away thinking about totally switching over to the smaller setup. I guess it's time to sell the DB750? :bassist:

10. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Man, I sure second this! I use my WW Ultra with my HT112 for most of my jazz gigs and it just kills! I usually put the Bergie on a tilt-back amp stand so I can hear it and to eliminate any room boominess, too. Quite an amazing rig; I've even played small gigs with my classic rock band with it. :cool:

11. Congradulations on a grrrrrrr-ate purchase. I love mine with my little Bergies.