Walter Woods Ultra For Slapping

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by willrwilli, Dec 17, 2003.

1. willrwilli

Jul 15, 2002
    Here is the dilemma. I am using a Bergantino HT 322 that is amazing. As far as heads go I currently have two. An EBS Fafner, and a Aguilar DB 750. I prefer the sound of the Fafner the best, but is has proven to be unreliable, and at times does not cut through very well. The Aguilar besides weighing a ton in my opinion does not get as bright as the Fafner. My main question is would a Walter Woods Ultra be just what the doctor ordered. I do a lot of slap, and like a transparent sound. Any Help Would Be appreciated. I play a 87 Warwick Thumb Bass, and a Ken Smith both 5 strings.
  2. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    You will be in heaven. The Ultra with a Bergie 322 (the rig I'm currently using the most these days) is to die for. Warmth, clarity and the best slap tone I've ever heard. For real. I carry mine around in a laptop bag. 7 pounds. Oh yeah. :D
  3. I've got the Ultra and every cab I've tried it with is amazing. I had a 322 but sold it before I got the WWU. I'm using it this weekend with my NV610. I regularly use it with my HT/EX112 as a stack and with both individually. Both sound awesome. Boogie inspired me to use mine with the bigger cabs (this weekend). I don't slap much but what I do sounds great with the Woods. Very easy to dial in a good tone. My QSC-PLX 2402 and Demeter 201s has not been fired up since I got the Woods, but I guess I'll knock the dust off and use it once in a while.
  4. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    Then why did you post this when remarking about WW Ultra's on another thread?
    A new Ultra is $2200 plus $65 shipping.
  5. NeedMoreBass

NeedMoreBass unregistered

Feb 14, 2003
    So which WW models have you tried? Any of them Electraoustics? You stated you had tried the newer models and couldn't get a sound you liked, just wondering what you called new.
  6. CkB_Cowboy

Nov 30, 2003
    Boston, MA
    ww = the slizzapiest

- Cowboy
  7. willrwilli

Jul 15, 2002
    Between the Fafner, and the Aguilar which one would you compare the ww to, and do you still get the needed headroom with the stereo version? I also have a bergantino ht 210 that I run with the 322, and I don't think the ultra will run a load lower that 4 ohms. I call Walter today, but got the machine.
  8. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    I've been trying this past week, left two messages, nothing yet.
  9. I'm pretty sure you cannot run a less than 4ohm load on the Woods.