Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Walter Woods web page?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Boogie Boy, Feb 6, 2003.

1. Boogie Boy

Boogie Boy

Jan 26, 2003
    Is there a Walter Woods web page? I've read so many positive threads on them (and I happen to be looking for a light weight amp). Are EA cabs a good match for these amps (cxl-112's and 10's)?

2. DW

DW

Jun 22, 2000
    No, AFAIK he has never had a website. You have to contact him directly by phone. They are expensive and I understand he has a long waiting list. Do a Google search and you'll find some user reviews.

3. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    The EA cabs would be fine with a Woods if you like their tone to begin with. The amp has virtually no color, so what you put in, and whatever your speakers are, determines the end result. I have a Woods "ULTRA" that's 1200 watts at 4 ohms and I love it to death!!!!!!! I use mine mostly with 2 Bergantino single 12 cabs, but I have friends that use various other makes and are very happy.
    As for the wait time, I got mine in about 2 weeks. I have referred several other people to Walter since, and the longest wait was about 5 weeks. The "Ultra High Power" is his most popular model, so he builds mostly those these days. The price as of last July was $2215.00 shipped to your door.
    I will not post Walter's number, as he does not like that. I will however give it to you if you email me directly at gibsongeek@aol.com
    GEEK

4. I have the WW Hi which is 300watts at8 Ohms or 450 at 4. I love mine, really amazing sound, and I found the tone I have been searching for.
    Call walter (find his number by searching other sites), he is great to talk to. I do not think the wait will be as long as you have heard, but it is a matter of timing. Used heads are hard to find. I was lucky to get one, with the wattage I was looking for fairly quickly.
    An amazing alternative is the Clarus. small and effective. good luck, and may the Woods be with you!