Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Walter Woods

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by stroy05, May 5, 2001.

1. stroy05

stroy05 Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Fodera Basses, Noble Amps, Aguilar Amps, JHAudio Inears
    I am looking for a Walter Woods amp. (m-300 or m-800)

2. mark

mark

Apr 7, 2000
    Canada
    Good Luck!

3. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I read, I think on TalkBass, that Walter Woods is no longer in business. I can't confirm, of course...:(

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    For some reason people seem to talk about Walter Woods when they talk about Lane Poor, who has seemingly disappeared. WW is, from what I understand, hard to get in touch with but the people who have are still receiving product at the same slow, WW rate. He's apparently as busy as he'd like to be.

5. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Walter Woods lives out in the desert. Crimenittly.

6. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    So, assuming one would be interested in Walter Woods products, how would one find ANYTHING out about them?:confused:

7. boobinga

boobinga

Feb 9, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Yes, Walter Woods is alive. Yes, Walter still makes great amps. Yes, he lives in the desert. Yes, I think he's just as busy as he wants to be. Yes, you can actually contact him. He'll most likely send you a small brochure if you ask. 78395 Sterling Lane, Palm Desert, CA 92211. (760) 772-7952. And yes, I do have one of his amps. Best of fortune to you!

8. I got the brochure last year. It states for Upright or Electric bass. However it is my belief that these amps are best suited for Upright Bass, rather Electric Bass. They weigh 7 1/2 lbs. and range from 200 to 1,200 watts.I think they have a digital (Switching) power supply which I personally don't like for electric bass. I feel you need Iron in an amp to get Balls in a room.
    Just my own opinion

9. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Kim Stone likes 'em for electric, on stage. Ditto Patitucci.

10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Walter is a bit of a hermit and IIRC, does not appreciate his contact information being posted on the web.