1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wampler Low Blow - MF Stupid Deal $99

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sublimate, Nov 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. BrentSimons likes this.
  2. Moody Tuner

Moody Tuner

Jun 30, 2017
    Chicago
    Thanks!!! I scooped one up.... I had some credit on file, so I only paid $87 at the end of the day. I recently replaced a GR with a BOSS ODB-3 because it has a blend knob, and now I think I’m replacing that with the Low Blow.

LB seems versatile - two distortion modes and a notch filter. It can also be used as a 3 band EQ if then gain is kept low. Im looking forward to trying this out.

BrentSimons likes this.
  3. Scott Baiowulf

Scott Baiowulf

Apr 7, 2017
    Houston
    I’m also thinking about grabbing this, but my ODB-3 is definitely staying

BrentSimons and Moody Tuner like this.
  4. Moody Tuner

Moody Tuner

Jun 30, 2017
    Chicago
    Yeah, I do like mine. I’m a huge BOSS fan and always scoop up BOSS pedals when I find deals, so I won’t be getting rid of it. Right now I’m running a Darkglass B3K, EarthQuaker Data Corrupter, Electro Faustus Super Disruptor and the ODB3 on my board. With the Low Blow having two clipping modes, the ODB has to get cut. It’s a bit redundant with the B3K on hand, I think the ODB is CMOS based too? It has higher gain on tap than thr B3K, which is what I was using it for. Anyway, I’m excited to see what the Low Blow can do!

BrentSimons and Scott Baiowulf like this.
  5. Scott Baiowulf

Scott Baiowulf

Apr 7, 2017
    Houston
    I wound up not getting the Low Blow. Went down a rabbit hole researching pedals last night and found out that Jon Stockman’s tone that the newer Darkglass stuff is based on was actually recorded on an ODB-3 so I decided to just keep tweaking mine and maybe add an EQ. I’m a fan of Boss stuff too so now I’m keeping an eye out for a deal on a GEB-7.

Moody Tuner likes this.