Wandre Ertrurian Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lidl e, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Halabja

Halabja

Jul 16, 2011
    CT
    Wow!!! I absolutely love it! So much character! I would love to commission a custom build based off that design someday.

JIO likes this.
  2. dave hope

dave hope

Dec 16, 2016
    Yes I did read the article. And this is something I don’t like saying. But, after 50 years of playing bass on 35 million albums sold. You get a nose for these things.

Michael Vee, Jimmy Howe and gebass6 like this.
  3. higain617

higain617

Sep 12, 2013
    WA
    I liked it from the horizontal angle, but it doesn't appeal to me as much vertically. I'd still play it were it handed to me.

4. JIO

JIO Be seeing you. Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    The Mission SF/CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    Just let me know - :)

Halabja likes this.
  5. JIO

JIO Be seeing you. Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 30, 2010
    The Mission SF/CA
    musician/artist/owner - Gildaxe
    yes, you've never heard of before -

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    HaphAsSard likes this.
  6. eh_train

eh_train Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 12, 2004
    Toronto
    Owner, Stand Up Guy Basses (Repair/Sell/Buy upright basses)
    Not sure if this is a derail, but Wandre also made upright basses. Pics below, many have had alterations or repairs (cos, let’s face it, they’re pretty non-trad):

3084D088-7F86-4ECC-88F5-91D5BF4A9530.png 7774DB76-7461-4CEF-B72A-9A0AC68D169A.png

Matt Liebenau, HaphAsSard and lidl e like this.
  7. HaphAsSard

HaphAsSard

Dec 1, 2013
    Italia
    Then I suggest you go back and re-read it, including external links.
    ^ This.

8. ravelax

ravelax

Apr 3, 2014
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Wandre made some really out there basses (and guitars). The Etrurian is a actually one of the less interesting ones! Very rare, so I've never played one. I did spot a guitar once in a store nearby, though! They do seem to have quite a following not only for their unique looks, but the looks in combination with their rarity is a big part of their collectibility, and the prices... I've seen a demo video of one, and it sounded good. Reproduction Davoli guitar pickups are available, actually. Might work fine for bass too if anyone is inclined to build their own Wandre!

Matt Liebenau likes this.
  9. Gunga Din

Gunga Din

Jun 22, 2018
    Waaay too expensive, even for Some Neck!

lidl e likes this.

10. Happen to have a link to the repro pickups of which you speak? Thanks.

11. ardgedee

ardgedee

May 13, 2018
    €3500 is currently exchanging at US$3642.86.

People pay more than that for brand-new Fender basses.

lidl e likes this.
  12. Thats a recent downturn for the dollar. It was almost parity jusy a few weeks ago i believe.

13. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

While it's possible to pay $6K (or more) for a new Fender Custom Shop bass creation, the fact that these rare old Etrurians can fetch into that $ range tells me one thing for sure...collectable/vintage guitar collecting has reached all the way into the deepest, darkest, nooks and crannies of seemingly any brand of guitar ever made.

Vintage Mania...it's like the virus that "keeps on giving". (not that there's anything wrong with viruses)

(Hmm...I wonder if I should have bought up a buncha those weird 70's Soviet guitars?....nah)