Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wanna-be gangsters..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Benjamin Strange, Mar 17, 2003.

1. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Broke into my car today. Stole my CD player, and about 15 CDs ranging from David Bowie and King Crimson to Ministry and Meshuggah. *Sigh* And it rained today, too. Irks me that these guys won't get but maybe $50 for all of that, and I have to replace a $100 window, $180 CD player, and $250 worth of rare, esoteric music. Lame.

And yet they didn't steal my work keys. I work at Guitar Center, and hid my work keys in my car so I don't forget them. I also had business cards in my car. If these bozos had put 2 and 2 together, they could have gone to GC and scored big time. Dumb of me to leave those in my car, but even more dumb that these guys could have had thousands of dollars worth of free gear and yet they only got away with my new King Crimson CD. No wonder they are criminals; they are too stupid to hold a real job.

2. arose11

arose11

Sep 30, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    sorry dude... that sucks
    let it all out man.

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    wow...the closet criminal inside of me is drooling over the prospect of jacking a GC employees work keys....hahaha.

that sucks though, I hate that ****e, people gotta chill.

4. They probably had really baggy jeans and wore a beanie.... :rolleyes:

:D:D

Merls

5. well thankfully they did not put 2 and 2 together. it stinks getting robbed. sorry dude. take care of yourself.:D

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    A long time ago, I had a cd wallet full of every CD I've ever owned. It was a while ago, I only owned 30. But at roughly 15 bucks a CD it added up. I was so pissed.

*thinks of how awesome it would be to rob a GC... or at least go in for hours on end by myself*

7. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    How about going to Orlando, and robbing bass central...we can visit Gard, jack his keys, and get the hell out before anyone is the wiser........hmmmmm.....sounds like a plan:D

:( Sorry to hear about the break in man, I hope they find them and you get your stuff back.

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars

HEY!!!

:mad:

See if I help you find a teacher again!

:p

;)

9. jcadmus

jcadmus

Apr 2, 2000
    And there you have it my friend. Despite pop culture portrayals of criminals as being evil geniuses, the reality is most of them are boneheads.

If they could do something else, they would.

You can replace your CDs, etc. But they can't get any smarter.

So the joke is on them.

10. jvasquez18

jvasquez18

Sep 23, 2000
    S.E. 323, 13
    in the words of Ice Cube

they wear "sweatshirts, khakis and chuck taylors"
    cuz i wear baggy jeans and a beanie/hat

i went to Mexico on vacation and when i came back, i found my '91 Toyota Corolla violated. stereo ripped out and tires slit :mad:
    :bawl:

sorry about yo' shizzney but they probably tripped and fell on their @$**s as they were running away.

11. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Bummer! I wish these guys would get jobs. My wife got her stereo stolen the first night we moved into our current house. It's not a bad neighborhood, but I just heard that there have been about 20 house burglaries in my neighborhood. They break the back window and come in when you go to work. Time to start hiding the bass!

12. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks

Wow. That makes me feel alot better. Haha!

13. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    One of the guys on my old soccer team had his Blazer broken into. They went through the front windshield, grabbed his CD player and 3x12" box outta the back, dragging even that through the front windshield. As all this was happening, he was parked about 4 spaces away from a police precinct. :rolleyes:

Sucks that you got your stuff ripped off, TriAx. Sorry, man. On the bright side, at least you didn't have any of your Mesa stuff in there.

14. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    oh, don't start about stupid thieves :rolleyes:

here's my story. my wife was working on a weekend and this waste of flesh comes up to her car, breaks the back window, first trying to pry the window out, messing up the trim :rolleyes: and then finally decides to break it. he sees the stereo we have - big faceplate cd/cassette player that doesn't have a removable plate. it looks all bling bling, but it was really not that expensive.

well, said dumbass spends a good 15 or 20 minutes trying to pry the face plate off, that doesn't come off, in his pathetic attempts to score what he no doubt thinks is some kind of video screen/small tv. nevermind that there's "cd/cassette" written all over the face plate, and no mention of dvd or tv at all. finally, the idiot manages to pry the faceplate off of this stereo with the non-removeable face plate, ruining it and the anglagaard hybris cd in the cd player :rolleyes: he kept the useless, worthless faceplate, and left behind his lame-4$$ tools.

someone came by and saw him in the car, and he got spooked and ran, keeping the worthless, broken faceplate. we ended up getting a 10 disc changer and a bitchin sony deck for only a few bucks plus the settlement, and i think they ended up catching the lame brain for other offenses.

15. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    See kids! crime DOESN't Pay....unless you are talking about paying for the victims loss through insurance coverage :D

16. In my opinion I think the only reason why there's dumba**es out there stealing is because they are too lazy to get out in the real world and get a job to make money. Obviously these guys weren't so bright. BUt yeah good luck in the future.