1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wanna Buya 'Nutha Strap

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by lposavad, Mar 19, 2009.

1. lposavad

lposavad Supporting Member

There isn't an "Accessories" forum, so here goes...

I'm looking for a decent strap (maybe a few) for my basses.

I'm old enough to remember when most straps were a single thickness of cowhide. I still have one from the mid 80's that sees regular service. But, nowadays all the straps seem to be two thin layers stitched together, which I can't see lasting under any kind of use.

So the short question under the preamble is, does anyone know wher I can get a single layer leather strap like those of my youth?
    Barring that, can anyone recommend a brand (other than Levy's) that makes decent straps?

2. lorenk

lorenk

Apr 8, 2008
    Bend, Oregon
    galco, makers of fine leather holsters has a custom shop. id imagine they could make you a strap, and they have super duper nice leather (and other options...shark anyone? :))

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, and is music related, it goes to Miscellaneous. This includes straps, cases, stands, bags, tuners, etc.

Oh, and my favorite strap is the one in the Talkbass store. I love mine! Soft, supple, and it helped support the greatest bass forum in the universe.

Moved.

4. ehque

ehque

Jan 8, 2006
    Singapore
    Yup the talkbass strap is a moody, which is discounted, even. fantastic value and quality.

5. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    I have an Extra Long Pro Comfort Strapp for sale in the "Accessories" thread. http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=527116
    If you've never tried them, they're extremely comfortable.

But if you're not pretty tall, it won't work for you. I'm 6' even, and I prefer the "Long" version to the "Extra Long". But if you're 6'1" or taller, it'd probably be great.

And even if you're not interested in this one, do yourself a favor someday and go to a G.C. and try one out. Slip it on one of their basses and see how comfortable they are. It's all I use now. But there are plenty of awesome straps available. Good luck!

6. WRXbase

WRXbase

Jan 14, 2009
    Clayton, NC
    ok, so other than $130 straps from the TB store, are there any other good PADDED straps out there?

7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  8. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI