Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wanna critique my band's mp3's??

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Mr.Nimrod, Feb 20, 2003.

1. Mr.Nimrod

Mr.Nimrod

Jul 23, 2000
    Syracuse, NY
  2. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Recordings

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    The first one has a very awkward rythmn change(s) I think you should work on solidifying those transitions. It gets better later in the song, but the beginning is pretty sketchy.

sounds good though, in terms of form. The recording quality is pretty poor though.

same thing with the second one...it just doen't seem very together, but the form is good and the song moves.

4. the first one sounds like weezer

5. Mr.Nimrod

Mr.Nimrod

Jul 23, 2000
    Syracuse, NY
    thanks a lot, guys!

yea.....we recorded it in my friend's basement, so it's not great quality. but for what little he has, i thought it was pretty decent.

also, it wasnt the final mix.......i'll post those as soon as they are done.

-dan

6. How old are the guys guy in your band?

I think you should really sit down and learn each other. Both songs sounded like one person wrote them and produced the whole thing before bringing it out. If that's the case I would find a new band. It's not a band if it's one person. Not to be an a$$ but I really think you should keep trying.

7. Mr.Nimrod

Mr.Nimrod

Jul 23, 2000
    Syracuse, NY
    yea....these are just a sort of "working demos" of a couple of our new songs. one of the guys wrote them, we practiced them a couple times, and recorded them at my friends. since recording these, we've developed both songs a lot more. we have just been writing so much stuff lately, we like to keep a record of everything.

-dan