Wanna play at the Somber Reptile August 2?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by thomas, Jun 8, 2002.

1. My band just got booked to play at the Somber Reptile in Atlanta on Aug.2 and their booking person told me that we can choose our openers, there are two slots to fill.
    I figured I would extend an invitation to any TB people who might have bands that would fit in well with some power pop.

And for what its worth the Somber isn't that great of a place to play, bad sound, no regular crowd, and severe lack of pay. We're playing mainly because its a chance to headline a Friday night gig.
  2. tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
    If the stage is the same as it was in '98, better be careful. We felt like we could have fallen through it! REAL springy, seamed to be really pached up.
  3. I loved Toe and 513 and all but back in the day I once put my foot through his stage. It sucked.
  4. No kiddin'! Too funny. My old band played the 513 on several occasions, what a dive. Some good times, though..
    Thanks for the heads-up on August 2nd, I'm gonna be out of town that weekend or else I'd definitely grab one of those opening slots for my band.
  5. Who was your old band? We might have played together sometime. I played trumpet in the Skatastrophe! and for the first year of 513 we were playing there every other weekend it seemed.