Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wanna swap for an Ashbory?

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by mattzink, Oct 10, 2002.

1. mattzink

mattzink

Jun 21, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    i own an asbory bass, mint condition, that's pretty cool. however, i'd like to swap it (probably a swap and some money on top of that) for a project bass.

this is what i'm thinking: i'm looking for a junked out ("junked out" meaning the only thing it has to have is hardware, an unwarped neck, a neck and body - that's pretty much it) bass that i can fix up. specifically, i'd love to fix up any of these if you have an old one sitting around:

fender jazz bass
    any rickenbackers
    any neck through body washburns (for instance, a status)
    any hollowbody basses
    tacoma thunderchief
    . . . and any others. make an offer and let's see if we can work something out.

i'm realistic enough to know that the above basses are pretty cool and there's not too many people trading them, but hey: i have to try.

the ashbory is cool. i don't really need any money and it's cool enough to hang onto, but i'd really like to fix a bass up.

i'll also trade for basses i wouldn't have to fix up, like a frenandez nomad. anyway, email questions or for pictures: matthewzin@hotmail.com thanks and be well

2. stingray96191

stingray96191

Jul 27, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Unofficially Endorsing Ernie Ball Music Man Guitars
    I have a yamaha rbx 260 if you are interisted, its a nice bass, but it needs work

Its actually on ebay right now. email me with any questions, or if you are interisted.

stingray96191@yahoo.com

thnaks

3. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Are you absolutely sure you don't want to sell it?

4. mattzink

mattzink

Jun 21, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    i could probably be talked into it - it is a pretty cool bass. that is why i am reluctant to sell it for cash. let me know if you're still interested. thanks!

5. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    I might be interested - depending of course on the price! ;)

I don't have any fixer-uppers, but I do have a couple of old necks and bodies if that's your cup of tea.

Thanks!

6. mattzink

mattzink

Jun 21, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    ("supporting hoser" - i love it!) can you tell me more about the necks/bodies you have sitting around? (wood, manufacterer, body/neck styles, where stored, how old, did you get them new/used, or did you take apart some old basses) i feel a bit silly asking this, but do you have pictures of your (bass)parts? i can email pics of the ashbory to anyone who requests it.

will get back to you on a price - as a mentioned, money isn't really my priority, but a fixer-upper is. more soon, matt

7. mattzink

mattzink

Jun 21, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    I think i'd like to narrow this down a bit. i will sell this bass for cash (again, i can send pics) $180 or best offer. i will also trade for:
    graphite, fretless neck, fender jazz bass style
    graphite reinforced neck, fretless
    you all let me know if you're interested. thanks!
    matt
    matthewzin@hotmail.com

8. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Sorry I don't have any of the parts you mention... most of the stuff I have is lower-end used stuff - but I'm definitely still interested in buying the bass!

9. SMASH

SMASH Guest

Jan 18, 2000
    Canada.
    For that price I'm interested too. But Thrashy gets first dibs.

10. mattzink

mattzink

Jun 21, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    i appreciate the protocol/courtesy, smash. i haven't heard from anyone though, so first come first serve i'd say. go ahead and email me if you're interested - i can answer any questions you want, and of course send pictures. email: matthewzin@hotmail.com

thanks - hope we can do business!

11. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Thanks SMASH! :cool:

BTW Matt, if you read this, you've got mail...

12. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Hey SMASH or thrash_jazz... if one of you picks up matt's ashbory, I have one that I could let go also. Send me a PM...

-robert

[​IMG]

P.S. I'm not trying to horn in on your territory at all matt... Just looks like there may be a demand for two... :)

13. mattzink

mattzink

Jun 21, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    don't worry - i don't feel like you're trying to "horn in" on my "territory". i agree - there appears to be enough demand for the sale of two basses. thrash_jazz has been emailing me - he might just buy it. it doesn't matter much to me: while i'd like to have the cash to begin buying the parts for a bass i can put together, being stuck with this little guy (the ashbory i mean) wouldn't be the end of the world. on the contrary - it's a pretty cool bass. thanks for you courtesy, robert!

14. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Thanks Robert for the heads-up, but I think I will buy Matt's Ashbory, as I have already contacted him about it.

15. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Good deal thrash_jazz... I saw one Ashbory and two potential 'wantees'... Just thought I'd toss mine into the pool!

Have fun,
    -robert

16. mattzink

mattzink

Jun 21, 2002
    Bloomington, IN
    This bass has been sold - thank you one and all for your interest and input! Be well, Matt