Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wannabe Thumb Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bass2020, Mar 1, 2002.

1. warwickbass

warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    Minnesota
    The music go rounnd in minneapolis has a crappy rip off thumb cant remember the name of the co. that makes them tho.

2. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

That may be a fine bass, but there is absolutely no brand recognition. That guy is smoking crack if he thinks he's going to get the BIN price.

Why does he not show a picture of the headstock?:confused:

grassy knoll theories abound

3. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
  4. BillyBishop

BillyBishop

Feb 7, 2001
    Canada
    Wow that guy is nuts.

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Well said, my friend.
    :D

6. bass2020

bass2020

Aug 27, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    Looks like he has ripoff Spectors too.

7. I like how the auction description keeps saying how this bass is way better than a Warwick, and then he adds that he's open to trades for a Warwick. He also seems to shy away from the Ed Roman connection, although the"R" in "R&B" presumably stands for Roman.

8. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    "RARE R&B CUSTOM BASS SIMLIAR TO WARWICK THUMB".

Key word being similiar.:p

9. I like Ed Roman's Pat Buchanan-esque ignorance of basic economic theory.

"Comparative advantage," Ed. Say it with me slowly, kids: "com-par-a-tive ad-van-tage."

10. Hey, don't forget the Law Of PRS guitars are no longer good ever since Paul asked me to stop making copies of the Dragon with fake PRS headstock logos.

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Ed has issues.

12. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    i was almost like "wow look at that cool lookin carl thompson rip... i can look past this guy bein an idot for a cheap handmade bass... THEN I SAW THE PRICE TAG... YIPES... ! i'll definately keep savin for my dp custom

13. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    OMG I JUST REALIZED SOMETHING ...while reading his rant about asian stuff i remember back to his description of the "lowrider" bass... here is a clip "The Lowrider bodies & necks are not built by hand on our premises. Instead we have opted to go to the manufacturer that makes bodies for a number of other very very famous bass companies. "
    samick comes to mind... or maybe one of 300 other asian factories... guess he's a mindless drone like the rest of us and doesnt even know it ... shame really.

14. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    i like how the "B" of r&b basses is "the designing force behind carl thompson basses for the last 20 years" :rolleyes: yeah, carl just sat back and drank cappuccino.

talk about issues - more issues than a newstand.

15. Geesh, he might as well have said I was the designing force behind Carl Thompson basses for the last 20 years. Or that JT was the designing force behind Jay Turser and then changed a couple of letters in his name to disguise that fact.

16. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga

shhh! i've got a rep to protect! don't let that one out :eek:

17. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I'm confused!:confused: If this bass is BETTER than a Warwick, why is he willing to trade it for one?

18. May be he's not up to the bass' standards. :rolleyes: