1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Want 4 but can only have 2 or 3

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xEriatarka, Mar 3, 2008.

1. I've been having really bad GAS lately for a Spector Euro (or NS5CRM hopefully) and a Lakland Skyline DJ. As of right now I have a Standard American Jazz and a Warwick Corvette w/ NJ4s. Now, ideally I would like to have all 4, but can't due to financial issues like everyone else with GAS. :)

So, the reason why I bring this up is because I may swap out one of my basses or possibly try and swap out my amp and other instrument stuff for another. Sometimes I feel as if the tones of the two basses can overlap. What would your ideal 2 bass set-up out of these be? Also for 3? I also want some reasoning behind your choice as well.

Thanks!!! :hyper::hyper::hyper:

2. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Well, tone-wise I would think that the Spector would compare to the Warwick and the Lakland to the Fender... IMHO, you should just keep the 2 you have now and save, then get the other 2 if that's what you really want.

I hear you on the finances, some of us just aren't rollin' enough to just buy basses left and right - that GAS results in buying/selling/trading gear... Oh well, everyone's got their methods of getting things done.

3. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    simple answer.... go play the spector and the DJ. if they play, sound, and feel better than what you have, sell your current lineup and get them. if they don't, don't buy them.

4. bassaficionado6

bassaficionado6 Something about gumption

Jan 7, 2008
    Napa, CA
    For two:

Spector- I have a Spector right now and it sounds and feels incredible, you can get an incredible growl out of the thing.

Fender- Gassin for one right now, and I really like the feel and tone you can get out of them. Also apparently you HAVE to have a Fender.

5. I'd have to agree, but the reason I love my Jazz is because of the P-tone I get out of it.