Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Want a Show in WV?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SnoMan, Sep 30, 2005.

1. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Hey, if any of you guys out there would be interested in making a trip over to WV or may be passing by on tour. Lemme know!

My band is developing an excellent relationship with a club owner in Huntington, WV and we're looking to get new blood in to town so we can start to develope a good regional hub.

The club has three levels and the main stage room can hold I'd say 400-500 comfortably.

Any styles of music.

just drop me a line.

2. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I'm not in band that would quite fit the venue, but what you're doing is awesome.

Way Cool, and only a fool wouldn't take you up on this.

Take note: This is how a music scene is built - through networking and collaboration.

3. SnoMan

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Thanks Jive.

What style is your band? There are quite a few good venues up here for various styles. Might be able to get some communication rolling if nothing else.

4. SnoMan

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Allow me to clarify:

When noting a capacity of 400-500 persons. This number is only going to be seen for a national show or top notch local. Average turnout may get around 100 depending on the night.

I don't want to mislead anyone.

5. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I have a Blues band made up of guys going through mid-life crisis and a Jazz quartet. Charleston is quite a hike for a gig, but who knows?

6. rickr

rickr Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2003
    CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA
  7. SnoMan

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Well, if you're ever lookin this way for any reason, I'd say the joint you're gonna wanna check on is the Empty Glass.

It's a damn cool place..lots of character. pretty damn small...but it's got atmosphere, all the right vibes.

I wouldn't worry about the mid-life crisis part. Two of my bandmates are pushing 40 and I don't thnk they've realizd that they aren't teenagers anymore(the good aspects of that, not the bad)

8. SnoMan

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Rickr, dude....your fast line in heavy things is sick...and it just slowed and got uhhhhhhhhhhh

man...I gotta get you guys up here now

Can you PM me a contact number?

Lemme know how far in advance you want to think about booking