Want more growl (Warwick SS1)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Creese, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Creese

Creese

Mar 27, 2005
    FWA
    '99 Warwick Streamer Stage 1 Five string w/ factory Basslines and Warwick Black label (med) strings...

I love how my SS1 plays, love how it looks and love how I don't need to see the chiropractor after a four hour gig but...I wish it had more signature growl like my Thumb 6 NT. I know the streamer's maple and only gonna growl so much but still, any ideas? EQ thoughts? Hardware? I'm not opposed to changing strings, p/ups or pre.

Any help is appreciated!

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Back off the neck pickup and dig in!

3. scuba steve

scuba steve

Dec 28, 2005
    Hillsboro, Tx
    i did not the warwick strings, and noticed a huge positive change in tone when i put on my fav strings, dr high beams. the streamer is never gonna get the growl like a thumb, so i would just enjoy the beautiful, signature tone of your bass, but try adding some mids, and just play with your electronics till you find that tone that makes you smile.

4. Dean Markley SR2000 strings. probably the most aggressive sounding strings I've come across...
    they will deff help that baby to growl!

5. Rotosounds!!

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021