1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

want new bass. REALLY miss my c4z.. What to buy?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by guitar<bass, Apr 29, 2010.

1. guitar<bass

guitar<bass

Oct 25, 2005
    Kansas
    Hello everyone :)

I had a c4z. Times got bad and I had to part with it. I really wish I had it back. I can't pry it from the current owner's fingers so now I must try to find a replacement.

I bought the bass because it was suggested to me as a light, comfortable, versatile and affordable alternative to my biggest GAS-inducer ever. (warwick thumb)

Graphite nut, wenge neck, bubinga veneer top and (cant remember the actual body wood) rosewood fingerboard. The sound was not too shabby to boot :)

She made me LOVE playing and now I am effing empty. They don't make it anymore but I am wondering if anyone could suggest me a good alternative. The thin neck and smallish string spacing were SPOT ON for my style. Slap, pluck, whatever, that bass made it happen for me.

thanks to anyone that suggests... oh and I do want to keep the general look of the c4z. no pickguards. ever.

g<b

2. guitar<bass

guitar<bass

Oct 25, 2005
    Kansas
    thanks for the help. I had found that on google. I was just wondering if anyone was well-read on or had a lot of experience with the Cort line-up.

I have been reading still since I posted that and it looks like I'm just going to regret it if I don't pull the trigger on the bass I wanted in the first place.
    :bawl: time to save for a warwick...

thanks again

g<b

3. dannster

dannster

Aug 20, 2000
    Seattle,WA
  4. guitar<bass

guitar<bass

Oct 25, 2005
    Kansas
    Decided I couldnt go without a bass for that long. I'm ordering a nirvana black rockbass. the 2010 line is just WAY too nice for the price. I don't have access to a real warwick in my area but there is a new warwick dealer about an hour and a half from me. I personally loved the rockbass corvette 4 basic in nirvana black... that's got a SWEET sound to it.. I'd like to have a $$ but those humbuckers just get in the way for me.

I checked out the icons and I appreciated the suggestion as they are very nice but I have found my new toy :hyper:

cheers to all :)

g<b