Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

want the silky feel of boomers but longer life

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by pacojastorius, Nov 9, 2005.

1. pacojastorius

pacojastorius Guest

May 21, 2005
    usa
    want the silky feel of boomers but longer life,
    i tried Dr and they just go dead too quickly and cost a bomb, Rotosound are really god but i love the ghs boomers feel , they do dead fairly quickly, anyone got any ideas?
    thanks

2. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    Maybe try the Rotosound RS-55 "Solo Bass" they're "compression wound" and have a very smooth feel, plus they last and last...They come in the green package and in various guages.

Good Luck
    Slug

3. How about the GHS Pressurewounds? Do they last a long time?

4. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    Try Elixir NanoWebs. They are a bit $$ though. :)

5. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005

I use boomers on my P basses, and recently tried a set of B52s - and ended up taking them right back off... The B52s WERE significantly brighter than standard Boomers, but I lost too much bottom end with them, and a significant amount of volume as well... Think I'll just stick to Boomers - I like a bright, punchy tone with LOTS of bottom end, and for the most part, Boomers have provided me with that... I end up getting between 2 to 3 months out of a set, before I lose tonal quality - of course, YMMV...

- georgestrings