Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Want to Be a Moderator?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Boplicity, Jun 15, 2001.

1. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Hey, folks, I have a project that will take so much of my time until September that I asked Paul to find another moderator for "Recordings", because I can't devote enough time to make sure things are running smoothly here.

Anyone interested please contact Paul.

Many thanks to all of you for being such ladies and gentlemen here. The only problem I had in six months was having to transfer misplaced posts to other forums. I'll be here at TalkBass from time to time when I have a chance.

2. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Is it a musical project?! :)

Make sure you still visit fairly often. I really enjoy your posts, (even though you like smooth jazz!) ;)

3. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Any qualifications?

4. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Well, you can't be from Sac-town. (Kidding) ;)

5. Wow i just PMed paul about if a moderater steps down i could maybe fill the shoes. an you won't be back untill semptember? wow talk about good timing. (Cue Twlight Zone music now) :D

6. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Jazzbo, my project isn't musical. Surely do wish it were, but maybe one day I'll get lucky and have a musical project again. I'll be ducking in from time to time to extoll the virtues of The Rippingtons and Boney James just to stir up controversy. I like to do that as a form of self-flagellation. (Just kidding!)

Freaky Fender, good luck. If you take over "Recordings", I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

7. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    sad to see you go...

but can you recomend me to paul... i´m a good kid... i enter at least 5 times a day, so the forum would be watched all day...

please!!

Latin Power!

8. TheFrizzleFry

TheFrizzleFry Guest

Nov 21, 2000
    Stinktown, Pa, USA
    I would suggest me but you know, I'd use my powers for evil not good.

9. anon5458975

anon5458975

Apr 5, 2001
    Well all I can say is you better not completely dissapear Jason, because that would definitely suck. Don't make us all have to come and find you........oh yes, we will find you :D

10. I don't want to be a moderator, why you may ask, well I like to come here to relax so I would probally just delete all new posts so I could relax. I am posting because as it has been said Please do not leave to the point that we miss you. Always nice to see you around. Ms. J.O.

Maybe you can be like Catsup and the anticipation will do us good. Good luck on whatever path you may be taking. :)

11. She's not the only one. I like smooth jazz too!

Don't be a stranger, JO.

12. lump

lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    Ditto all, except substitute "ketchup" for "catsup." ;)

Good luck, JO. You know where to find us if you need anything.

13. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Catsup is good!
    Ketchup is GrinGo!

:D

14. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    People wouldn't hate "smooth jazz" as much if it weren't called Jazz...

Anyway, JO, It was great having you Moderate Recordings. It's a great little forum (I should know;)) Don't be a stranger.

Will

15. Agreed! I do like a lot of it but don't consider majority of it jazz. But that's topic for another flaming thread.

16. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I also agree. And I probably should confess that I have an Avenue Blue CD, and a Jeff Golub, and a Rick Braun CD. I was just giving J.OLD a hard time! :)

17. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Jason - I understand giving up the mod postion, but please don't give up TB. Your presence is always appreciated by many of us.

18. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    Keep it going - it'll give the new moderator something to cut their teeth on! ;)

Good luck with your project JO, and don't be a stranger.

19. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    good luck J.O.!, you did a great job in recordings and I know I benefited from your posts and experience. Thanks!

20. Sorry J.O. I was out of town. good luck on your project. If by chance you blow uo the USA i get to keep your state of moderater, k? :D good luck and pop in when you can. Cheers!