Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Want to be a supporting member, but can't afford it?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by XavierG, Sep 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If you've been contributing to this fine community of ours for at least ONE YEAR, and you would really like to become a supporting member, but can't afford the $25.... EMAIL ME . I will randomly select one member and "sponsor" you for one year. What's the catch???? None! I'll consider all EMAIL received by Saturday, 27th of Sept. I will throw your names in a hat and pull one out. (Sorry, I can only sponsor one member /year). I will sponsor you for ONE YEAR ONLY. How can you repay my kindness? ;)---Hopefully, you'll find a way to continue to support Talkbass when your renewal comes due. I'll do this again next year for another member. That's all folks!

2. Plucky

Plucky

Jun 18, 2002
    Underwater
    *crosses fingers*

i would really like to become a supporting memeber but i dont think i will have the time to really be here as much as supporting members are supposed to be, but anyways, its a free gift.....so, alas.

...oh, and btw, great idea Xavier, even if i dont win, its so nice of you to do that. thanks a bunch.

3. wow man, quite the philanthropist arent you?

thats awesome though. i would send an email but i can easily afford one (if ill just make time to get a money order and send it =\ ) and im sure there are others that really need it. cool deal though man.

know what would be even uber-er? send paul 25 and tell him to send you the free shirt or whatever, that way you get something in return. :)

4. As a matter of fact, that's what I was originally going to do (send Paul another $25 and get a T).... I get a lot out of this site, and Paul does such a wonderful job running it - I was going to send some more $$ in appreciation of his effort. Unfortunately, he doesn't have a T large enough to fit me, and anyways, if I can send $20 to Paul, and help a TB'er at the same time... hey! Maybe, one day, the person I "sponsor" will turn around and do the same for someone else.

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

That is truly inspiring X, thanks.

6. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    X-man, you are such a disciple of all that is good and rare in this world. Bless your soul.

:)

7. Talk about a nice guy! Viva Mr.X!

And Defeldus, it's very cool from you to leave the chance to another. You could have applied for this, but you didn't since you can afford it yourself. Cheers man!

8. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Xavier - You are a great man:)

9. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Not a bad deal! More people should follow your generosity...Heck, I'll support someone unable to cough up the dough. And they can even keep the free shirt to go with it! I already have one.

(Not to step on your toes by any means X, it's just a very good idea, anything to make TB a better place!)

And your 100% right, Paul does a GREAT job with this site !

10. Can I apply for the membership but just get $20 instead :) ?

11. Well, welcome aboard! I propose that anyone interested in taking advantage of these offers send email to me (just to keep it simple), and I can pull 2 names out of the hat on the 27th and pass one on to you. How's that sound?

12. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Sounds like a plan to me!! :D
    Did you get my PM?....Never mind I just got done reading them....Thanks

13. i dont know..out of my 2-3 years on this site i still cant afford to pay the money. but i guess thats not entirely true i could make the money somehow, im not completly useless. so ill wait and one day ill have the money sent in, and that will be a proud day for me, because >>I<< helped out talkbass >>i<<helped the site that helped me so much.

14. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    How do you get 2-3 years out of registering in dec 2002? :p;)

15. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

XavierG, what a nice gesture!

16. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Hey X, Do you think 10 days is going to be enough time? :meh:

17. I can afford the money, but I don't have the means to pay for it (parents don't want anything to do with online spending and wouldn't want me sending money to someone else to sign up for me) so I'm in. Thanks Xavier, that's a really nice thing to do.

18. ah WR, i see you forgot the days when i was known as cool_dude_todd

19. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002

no, I didn't....if you got your name changed, it doesn't reregister, unless you made a new account to do it in which case that is silly because paul can just change your name.

20. Holy smokes, there are some amazing people on this board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.