1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

want to downgrade my delay

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jimbo, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    do i have a line6 echo park delay. it's a great pedal but it's way more delay than i'll ever use. i've realized that i don't use it as a delay pedal so much as i do for it's self-oscillation--making all the weird chrips and nopises with it. so i'm planning on selling it and getting a cheaper delay pedal. so what's a good delay for this self-oscillating business?

2. A Boss DM-2... but it's hardly cheap these days! Ibanez AD-9 is practically a clone and can be found for a reasonable price.

Apparently the Guyatone MD-2 (or whatever it is) is also good for this, but I've never seen one in the flesh so that's total hearsay.

3. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    yeah i've heard the guyatone doesn't do the self-oscillation thing too well. i think i read that somewhere on TB...

4. opivy3056

opivy3056 stardust in a light beam Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2004
    San Diego
    boss DD-6 is very good for self-oscillation.

5. OysterBoy

OysterBoy

Sep 19, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    You can get some really trippy self-oscillation out of the Ibanez CF7 (Chor-Flang) pedal, since it has a delay circuit in it. Really good for noises and ambience, and when used in conjuction with a delay. Very mars volta :p.

6. Well, if we're including other types of pedals, a Boss BF-2 has a beautiful self osc. tone when it's tweaked outside of factory specs. Much more pleasant than the DM-2 raucous.

7. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Ibanez DE7. GREAT self oscillating pedal. It's echo mode is perfect for it.

8. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals

How do you tweak the bf-2 in order to do this?

9. You pop off the back and turn the internal resonance pot (marked RES I think, not sure) slightly clockwise, then you should find that cranking the external resonance pot will put it into oscillation.

10. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    +1. Especially with the 'hold' function.

11. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    I have a Boss DM-2 and a Guyatone MD-3. They both self-oscillate very well, IMO, but each has it's own charms. If I could only have one, it would be the Guyatone. It sounds awesome and the controls react just like the DM-2. The Boss sounds great too but it's not as accurate as the Guyatone (obviously), and it's fairly easy to overload the Boss with a hot signal. Good luck.

12. I had the MD-3 by Guyatone too. Great analogy sounding and the oscillating was very nice... got crazy loud too!!

13. I agree: go for the MD-3. I have an Echo Park, but a friend of mine has an MD-3 that I've messed around with a bit, very fun pedal. Not as versatile as the Echo Park obviously, but it'll suit your needs very well methinks.

Now if you were to get both of them doing self-oscillation in a feedback loop or something of that sort? That would be ridiculous. Probably blow your ear drums out too.

Fun stuff.

-Lokkenjawnz

14. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    i would definitely do some damage that way!:D

15. neatobassman

neatobassman

Jul 16, 2005
    Antelope CA
    Just keep the echo park. Your only going to be able to sell it for like $30. If you like the sound, keep it and just buy another delay.

16. +1. You can never have too much delay.

17. neatobassman

neatobassman

Jul 16, 2005
    Antelope CA
    you can never have enough effects. each one makes a certain sound that is useable somewhere. lol. I'm just a pack-rat though.

18. does anyone know how the danelectro dan echo holds up on the self oscilation thing? i'm pretty interested in one.