1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

want to get an SX.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MarztekMilita, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Just know that they might not be the best for modding, because some of the parts aren't interchangeable with standard Fender parts, like necks, pickguards, and tuners. I've learned this the hard way, and my SX fretless P-copy is turning into a full-on Fender fretless P very quickly. (I bet pickup swapping is fine, and probably bridges too.)

They seem very well made, especially for the $$, and the pickup on mine sounds surprisingly good. But IMO you're not getting MIM Fender quality by a long shot. I'm sure others disagree, but I don't have the patience to wade through that megathread to find out! ;)

2. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Well, I just read another thread about modding SX basses, and obviously some have great success with it. Just don't assume anything will be interchangeable with stock Fender parts except pickups, pots, and bridges.

3. SoulStabber

SoulStabber

Mar 13, 2006
    Malaysia
    I have an SX bass as well.. A 75 copy. I think you refering to this...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. MarztekMilita

MarztekMilita

Feb 10, 2005
    Pinole
    Yaeh, that was the one that I was going to get. But I've decided to the 62 copy, hopefully today. Well, till further notice,
    Peace!

5. Why are you even questioning yourself? The only reason not to is if you owe the neighborhood bookie $250.

:cool:

6. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    I ordered that exact bass Tuesday. My only real concern is all this talk of rough fret ends.