1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Want to get my motorcycle license...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SuperSnake2012, Aug 19, 2007.

  1. SuperSnake2012

    SuperSnake2012 floppy b strings

    Dec 12, 2006
    Bronx, NY
    Well, I'm 17 years old and I want to get my motorcycle license. In the state of New York you have to take a road test on the motorcycle... how exactly does it differ from the car road test? Does some guy from the DMV hop on the backseat or something? :D
  2. Spector_Ray


    Aug 8, 2004
    I don't know about NY, but in Texas a state trooper tells you the route you'll take, then follows you in a cruiser.
  3. Fontaine


    Apr 27, 2006
    yea they follow you in a car and have a speaker on their car screaming demands at you!

    really tho, ive seen it.
  4. TrooperFarva


    Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    Yeah, they follow you. I recommend you look into a DMV Motorcycle Safety Course.


    I took one when I was 17. It's like $300, you get 2 full days of riding and training, and at the end of the course, there's a test on an enclosed course, the same course you've been training on for 2 days, and if you pass, because its a DMV sponsored course, it counts as a road test, and you get your license. Best of all, they supply the motorcycles, so you don't have to worry about messing up your own bike while learning to ride. Well worth the money, IMO.
  5. Spector_Ray


    Aug 8, 2004
    I can't + this enough.
  6. Geoff St. Germaine

    Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

    Like others have suggested, it's worth your while (and maybe your life) to do a motorcycle safety course.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.