Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Want to learn a new 4 string moveable chord

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by forfenderjazz, Mar 10, 2006.

1. forfenderjazz

forfenderjazz

Jan 22, 2006
    When just fooling around on my bass I like to use the major scale bar chord like you can play on a 6 string guitar, without the other two strings (of course). What is another good movable chord I can get comfortable with to add to my playing? Any good thoughts, maybe some minor scale chords or jazz chords to use on a 4 string? Thanks, Roy

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
  3. forfenderjazz

forfenderjazz

Jan 22, 2006
    Bryan, thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for. I'd like to slowly learn a few new ones, thanks, Roy

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hey, Roy's my middle name :)

5. Thanks Bryan, I downloaded your charts as well. It's after 6:30am here at the moment, will check out the charts when I wake up later in the day.

6. draginon

draginon

Oct 4, 2004

that chord sheet is very interesting but you missed some very easy ones

one that I know of off the top of my head are a few 7ths

in tab form it would be

G---3-------2---------3----
    D---1-------1---------1----
    A---2-------2---------3----
    E---2-------2---------3----

Maj7-------Dom7-----Min7

7. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Actually, I have the second inversion of a 7 chord as you wrote it on my sheet, and I have the same second inversions for the Maj7 and Min7 as well- the third is just played an octave higher as it's easier for me to play them that way (your versions work better for four-string though, as you need five strings to play it as I have written it).