1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Want to learn a new 4 string moveable chord

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by forfenderjazz, Mar 10, 2006.

1. forfenderjazz

forfenderjazz

Jan 22, 2006
    When just fooling around on my bass I like to use the major scale bar chord like you can play on a 6 string guitar, without the other two strings (of course). What is another good movable chord I can get comfortable with to add to my playing? Any good thoughts, maybe some minor scale chords or jazz chords to use on a 4 string? Thanks, Roy

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
  3. forfenderjazz

forfenderjazz

Jan 22, 2006
    Bryan, thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for. I'd like to slowly learn a few new ones, thanks, Roy

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hey, Roy's my middle name :)

5. Thanks Bryan, I downloaded your charts as well. It's after 6:30am here at the moment, will check out the charts when I wake up later in the day.

6. draginon

draginon

Oct 4, 2004

that chord sheet is very interesting but you missed some very easy ones

one that I know of off the top of my head are a few 7ths

in tab form it would be

G---3-------2---------3----
    D---1-------1---------1----
    A---2-------2---------3----
    E---2-------2---------3----

Maj7-------Dom7-----Min7

7. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Actually, I have the second inversion of a 7 chord as you wrote it on my sheet, and I have the same second inversions for the Maj7 and Min7 as well- the third is just played an octave higher as it's easier for me to play them that way (your versions work better for four-string though, as you need five strings to play it as I have written it).