1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Want to live longer? Turn off the TV, join a band, and go to an art museum.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by emor, May 25, 2011.

1. emor

emor

May 16, 2004
    kcmo
    Got culture? Museums, theaters and concert halls may be the ticket to a happy, healthy life

Cultural activities: People who participate in cultural activity are happier and healthier - latimes.com

"The secret to a healthy, happy life may be found at an art gallery, movie theater or concert hall. (It might even be in church, a baseball stadium or gym.) At least if you live in Norway.

"A study of more than 50,000 Norwegian men and women found that those involved in cultural activities -- either “receptive” activities like attending a concert or a baseball game or “creative” ones like playing in a band or working out -- were more likely to be satisfied with their lives and to say they were in good health. They were also less likely to experience anxiety or depression."

By Karen Kaplan, Los Angeles Times/For the Booster Shots blog
    May 24, 2011, 6:00 a.m.

2. TheVoiceless

TheVoiceless

Jun 11, 2008
    New Jersey
    Bass!! for life ya'll

3. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    But when I went to a university production of The Mikado I just about snapped because of how rude and inconsiderate the rest of the audience was :meh: Still, a very interesting article. Visiting St. Louis to get my culture on may not be a bad idea.