1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Want to modify my BXL300A with 2 10s

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cnl83, Sep 22, 2008.

1. cnl83

cnl83

Jan 30, 2007
    I have a 300 Watt Behringer BXL3000A. I want to build my own cab for 2 10s, that this amp will sit on. The reason I want to do this is because I like the sound of multiple small speakers instead of just one. I dont have a ton of money to spend on a new amp, so I want to try and modify this one. Does anyone know much about this amp to help me out? Can this amp handle two additional speakers?

I appreciate your response.

Here is a link to the AMP at M and Friends. http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-Ultrabass-BXL3000A-300W-1x15-Aluminum-Cone-Bass-Combo?sku=481093

2. Hi.

What's Your budget?

The cheapest POS (IMHO) 2*10 start from ~200 skins, so cheaper than that it's either second hand or car speakers.

I don't encourage to try the car speakers ;).

If You have woodworking skills and/or -equipment, making a cab isn't that difficult. There's been numerous threads about the subject, a search (and WinISD) will get You far.

One thing that I feel being among the most important when making a cab is to start with decent drivers and hardware that can be salvaged if the cab isn't quite the one in the dreams of the builder ;).

And secondly, IME/IMHO You WON'T save any money with the first ten or so cabs that you make, let the satisfaction be your reward.

Regards
    Sam

3. cnl83

cnl83

Jan 30, 2007
    No, I plan to spend about 250 or so to build this additional cab. I just dont want to burn the amp up or something like that by doing so.