1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Want to ship a SVT or other heavy tube head?

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by the dude, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Bigbri

Bigbri

Aug 4, 2015
    I know where to get my next cab.

2. Blankandson

Blankandson Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Gallatin, Tennessee
    Just sent a 40# amp via FedEx Ground in the size box in the OP. Packing is not an issue really. But rates are still climbing. Nashville to Sacramento was $97 USD. Shipped Monday pm and delivered Friday am. I asked and same box with 30# to same address would be $45 USD.

retrosynth likes this.
  3. Keith Rawlings

Keith Rawlings Supporting Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Ok fellow TB’ers - how would I go about shipping my ‘74 SVT 810 cabinet should I decide to sell it; and how much would it cost to ship?

4. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    When I shipped an 8x10 (and a couple big Acoustic rigs) I used Forward Air. They're located near major airports and you and your buyer would need to be able to travel to them. I built a crate for it out of 2x4s and 1/2 in. plywood (I'm not sure if crating was required or not). At the time (15+ years ago) it cost about $50 to ship from Chicago to San Francisco.

There's also ShipNerd which will shop for the best rate for you. I haven't gone that route and don't know if one can ship something as big or heavy as an 8x10 through them or not. ShipNerd - Ship Smarter

Keith Rawlings likes this.
  5. Keith Rawlings

Keith Rawlings Supporting Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Thank you for the advice and recommendation. I need to get rid of this thing soon.