1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Want to swap the EMGs for Bartolinis on my Schecter

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by WayneP, Dec 15, 2006.

1. I have a Schecter Diamond Series Studio 5–string that generally I like very much. Awesome bass for the money, worth well more than the asking price.

However, the pickups really suck. They’re active 18-volt EMG Hz’s, and they’re noisy and the output is really low. I’d like to change them out for some Bartolini Soapbars. Does anyone know of Bartolini makes any drop-in replacements for the Hz?

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

2. As far as I know, EMG Hz are passive pickups. HZ is their passive series. HZ means High Impedance which is characteristic of pasive pickups. Two batteries are intended to power preamp of your bass, not pickup. Maybe there is problem in preamp, because Hz is very good sounding pickup. I have also bartolini soapbars and they are not better, only different.
    Good luck!

3. Bigduke

Bigduke

Dec 10, 2006
    I have a schecter elite 4 with emg hz.I thought these were active because of the battery,can anyone verify that batterys are for pre amp inside guitar? I should be running this on my passive side of my hartke amp? Thanks for the info.I received no books with my bass from guitar center,they just hand it to you!!:bag:

4. Battery is for preamp for sure, and you can go to passive input if output is not to hot from preamp.

5. bass-shy

bass-shy

Jan 11, 2005
    Florida
    This is absolutely correct. Good call.

6. Bigduke

Bigduke

Dec 10, 2006
    Thanks guys!!!!:hyper: :hyper: