Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

wanted - band in Seattle for recording project @ art institute

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by andysvec, Feb 24, 2006.

1. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Guam
    My step-son is in his second year of audio engineering at the Art Institute of Seattle and needs a band to record for one of his projects. He has the studio time as of now blocked off on 3/17 starting at 730am, I'm not sure on the follow-up sessions. If you have a band and want a few hours free recording time in a good studio pm me and I'll put you in touch with him. He has had a few projects lately and the bands have been flaking out or late or someone not showing, etc. So please only commit if you're serious about it. This would probably be best for the semi-pro musicians, veteran studio players may not benefit from the learning environment and amateur bands not ready to record may not benefit with the limited amount of hours in the studio. PM me if interested - thanks

2. I'd like to throw my group's hat into the ring, but can't seem to turn on the messaging in this forum, so here's the site for my group and the contact info is in there if your son would like to use us, and would like to come hear us first we're playing this Sunday afternoon from 3:00 pm until 7:00 pm at Tula's jazz club in Seattle.

www.fairlyhonestjazzband.com

Please go to the "Contact Us" link and email Jon Krueger (Band Leader) to set up the contact. (Tell him that "Mr Luv" sent you.) He'll get a kick out of that.

We're interested in this kind of recording and are not "pros", but not "novices" either. We actually had a student from the Art Institute of Seattle come into Tula's and record us live a few years ago. It was a lot of fun and good experience for the student.

I think your step-son would have a good experience with us. Good luck to him and you in the future. Thanks for the opportunity.

---Martin---

3. andysvec

andysvec Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Guam
    Thanks Martin, I gave him your message and he will try and stop by your gig on Sunday.

Andy

4. Thanks, Andy. You're invited, too, if you have the time to stop by. If you see this before your son takes off, the leader' name is Jon, and he's the alto sax/Bari sax player sitting on the end. Have him drop my name (Martin) and I'll mention to Jon before the gig that someone may be stopping by to talk us about recording. There may be a $5 cover, but you can tell the server that you're my guest and I'll "cover" your cover if you wish.

Just FYI, I'll be the one playing bass.;) LOL! Hope to see you and/or your son today.

---Martin--