1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wanted: Bass Bow Under $400

Discussion in 'Wanted: Double Basses, Amps, & Accessories' started by whywhy, Feb 16, 2013.

1. whywhy

whywhy

Mar 8, 2011
    Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a FRENCH bow new or used under $400

Right now I am leaning towards buying a Finale Carbon Bow but I figured I would check to see if any of you had a more expensive bow that is used.

I am fine with it being nicked up, as long as it is not too bad, and it does not need to be re-haired.

I would prefer to deal with someone who has lots of experience on here since I am very new but I am sure we could work something out no matter what.

-Wyatt

2. Hi Wyatt,

Check eBay. Someone from Philly has been trying to sell an allegedly unused Glasser braided carbon fiber bow for $300, which is $150 off the new price. I have one of the cheaper Glasser carbon fiber sticks, and it's not bad at all.

3. Hqubed

Hqubed Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    Are you looking for French or German? Have a couple of German you may be interested in.

4. joe.wimberley

joe.wimberley Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2006
    North Carolina 27529
    Wyatt, not sure if you're looking the wood bow route, but Gollihur and Lemur both sell brazilwood bows for ~200.

A bit gentler on the wallet, but I haven't played a Glasser to make a QA comparison.

5. whywhy

whywhy

Mar 8, 2011
    Thank you for the heads up! I just wish I had a little more time to make a decision than a few hours haha. But I may end up buying it.

Sorry about that, I edited my post to specify I am looking for a french bow.

From what I have read here, I should go the extra 100 and get a finale but they are still being considered. I am very open to wood but It seems like my best bet would be getting either a used wood bow that retails new for higher. Or just a carbon bow if i only have a few hundred to spend.

6. Ron Plichta

Ron Plichta Supporting Member

May 19, 2007
    Fairfax, VA
    PM Sent

7. AlcalaBass

AlcalaBass

Jan 28, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Still looking for a bow?

8. Have a braided carbon fiber french bow -like new- for $110 shipped to CONUS only---

9. I have a Gotham Song French bow from David Gage that I would be willing to sell for $125 shipped CONUS only. I bought it because I wanted to try French bow, but I like German a bit too much!