1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wanted: Double Bass in MA Area

Discussion in 'Wanted: Double Basses, Amps, & Accessories' started by Will Kelly, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Will Kelly

Will Kelly

Mar 3, 2010
    TX
    Looking for a 3/4 size upright in the Boston Metro area.

My price limit is 2K. Must have ebony fingerboard, bridge adjusters and be playable.

What have you got?

2. robinunit

robinunit Supporting Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Boston
    Hi Will,

I have my first bass a carved Chinese bass I bought from Guarneri House in Michigan at the Richard Davis Bass conference. It has an ebony fingerboard and I just bought new adjusters for it. It is definitely playable and if you're still interested I'd be happy to let you take it out to try it. Where are you located? I live in Jamaica Plain MA and can get most anywhere easily by T. It Comes with Belcantos on the D G and E and a Spirocore A. In addition it comes with a Standard Mooradian soft shell case.

3. rmahdi

rmahdi

Jan 9, 2013
    Hi, I do have a German plywood bass with an adjustable bridge, nice sound, no cracks and I believe the fingerboard is ebony. I live in Mattapan. I can show the bass to you anytime.
    Call me @ 617-359-1376.