1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

WANTED: Doubleball End Extended Range Bass Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Jay Terrien, Dec 6, 2004.

1. I am looking for a very UNIQUE set of double-ball strings for a headless 6 string fretless bass. I tune the bass (low to high), fourths, EADGCF.

I'd like to find the following gauges, making sure that none of them are PLAIN STEEL strings. I know there are winding limitations as you pass .025, so I am looking to see how high I can go without hitting a plain steel string.

Please advise if you can recommend where I can get demo these gauges, preferably in nickel-wound/34" scale-length:
    .100, .080, .060, .040, .030, .020

If you have any suggestions, e-mail me at jay@grasstain.com

Cheers,

Jay Terrien
    jay@grasstain.com

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
  3. Brilliant. HOW IN THE WORLD DID YOU FIND THEM? :)

I'll send an e-mail onto them. Have you worked with them before/bought strings from them? What do you think of their strings (which ones do you use?).

I use Status Hot Wire strings primarily and I LOVE THEM. But, I am also interested in exploring "other colors" since I have a recording session coming up. I've never tried flats on my Status 6.

With doubleball strings, I can put on a new set in 5 mins........

Thanks Ben!

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Easy. I did a search on TB. ;)

I've used them, and they are great strings. They've custom made me a few sets, and based on that, I may buy a whole bunch in bulk. I tune CGDA so finding strings is a bit tough for me. I'm going to try dealing with D'addario for some custom sets, to possible save on price, but if not it's back to the UK.