Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WANTED: Doubleball End Extended Range Bass Strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Jay Terrien, Dec 6, 2004.

1. I am looking for a very UNIQUE set of double-ball strings for a headless 6 string fretless bass. I tune the bass (low to high), fourths, EADGCF.

I'd like to find the following gauges, making sure that none of them are PLAIN STEEL strings. I know there are winding limitations as you pass .025, so I am looking to see how high I can go without hitting a plain steel string.

Please advise if you can recommend where I can get demo these gauges, preferably in nickel-wound/34" scale-length:
    .100, .080, .060, .040, .030, .020

If you have any suggestions, e-mail me at jay@grasstain.com

Cheers,

Jay Terrien
    jay@grasstain.com

2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
  3. Brilliant. HOW IN THE WORLD DID YOU FIND THEM? :)

I'll send an e-mail onto them. Have you worked with them before/bought strings from them? What do you think of their strings (which ones do you use?).

I use Status Hot Wire strings primarily and I LOVE THEM. But, I am also interested in exploring "other colors" since I have a recording session coming up. I've never tried flats on my Status 6.

With doubleball strings, I can put on a new set in 5 mins........

Thanks Ben!

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Easy. I did a search on TB. ;)

I've used them, and they are great strings. They've custom made me a few sets, and based on that, I may buy a whole bunch in bulk. I tune CGDA so finding strings is a bit tough for me. I'm going to try dealing with D'addario for some custom sets, to possible save on price, but if not it's back to the UK.