1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wanted: Elixir 6 string set. Please help.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Mario Lewis, Nov 17, 2001.

1. Mario Lewis

Mario Lewis

Jul 6, 2001
    Clinton, MD
    Anyone knwo of a store or website that sells a complete set of Elixir Poly or Nano web strings in a 6 string set?

Please get in touch. Thanks!!

2. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    I didn't check this minute, but www.juststrings.com and www.getstringscheap.com both have had them in the past. The latter only had "soft" guage I think (not really that soft) though. You can always buy a 4 or 5 string set and get the individuals separately (a bit of a rip, but you gotta do what you gotta do...)

3. eli

eli Mad showoff 7-stringer and Wish lover Supporting Member

Dec 12, 1999
    NW suburban Chicago
    I believe Elixir is NOT packaging a 6-string set, but I just checked and www.juststrings.com has 5-string sets in both Nano and Poly for $45, and also single .032's in both Nano and Poly ($11). They are also excellent to deal with and VERY fast.

Still not catastrophic for a set of strings that will last for a year...

4. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    Oops, you're right. I guess that's what I did before. But I agree, it's actually a good deal (er, I guess I did say it's a "rip", but I think what I meant was single-string prices in general adding up to much more than package prices). The Nanowebs are too slippery for me, but I like the Polys for both bass and acoustic guitar.