1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wanted: Hampton Roads Luthiers

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by neurotictim, Feb 18, 2008.

1. I tried searching for Virginia luthiers, Hampton Roads luthiers, and Southern Virginia luthiers, and didn't find anything... :eyebrow:

I'm looking for a somewhat local luthier to help me with my first build. I have a very specific idea of what I want to build, but I'm the kind of guy that needs someone to show me how to do it - reading books and FAQs tend to confuse me, and leave me with more questions than answers.

I'd love to find someone in the Hampton Roads/SE Virginia/NE North Carolina area who would be willing to help me out, for compensation, of course. I'll buy all the materials, do all the work, even clean up after myself, if you can provide real-life instruction.

What I want to build, and how much it'll cost me for your time, can be addressed through PMs. Thanks very much.

2. Inisheer

Inisheer

Aug 10, 2007
    Virginia
    Hi there! I'm not a professional so I wouldn't be able to help you...just wanted to say hi to a fellow Virginian. I'm in Newport News. I'm not sure of any pros around here, but I'm sure you would be able to build a bass yourself. Ask questions around here and people are very helpful. Good luck!