1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wanted Nice Electric Upright

Discussion in 'Wanted: Double Basses, Amps, & Accessories' started by adam clinton, Jul 14, 2014.

1. adam clinton

adam clinton Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    Just recently got into playing upright after many years of playing. Would like to upgrade the bass I started on, looking for Azola, Clevinger or something in that direction. Thanks Adam

2. pnchad

pnchad

Nov 3, 2005
    I've had them all going back many years - BSX, Clevinger, Eminence, etc etc - never had an Azola but almost commissioned one right before they stopped building

I think the higher end of the Azola would probably be the best made but the short scale ones were fairly run of the mill

for my money,the only ones I've kept are an NS CR4 and an Ergo (only because its cheap - I never play it)

my vote NS - even their less expensive line would work as the dimensions are pretty much the same

good luck

3. rknea

rknea

Jan 16, 2007
    Boise, ID
    I'm looking to possibly sell my new (to me) CR5M. I love it but have come to the conclusion I'm not an upright player. PM me if interested. It's in mint shape and comes with gig bag and stand.

4. There's a Merchant Vertical Bass on eBay for a reasonable price. I own one and, with all due respect to the other posters in this thread, it is a vastly superior instrument.

5. adam clinton

Nov 16, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    Thx for feedback guys. Probably pass on the 5, 4 I hard enough still learning.

6. LyleRyan

LyleRyan Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Berkeley, CA
    I've got an Azola Bug Bass II in the San Francisco area I'm selling. Blond wood, ebony fingerboard markings (dots), active electronics, upper bout extension.
    Great shape. Good bag. Nice setup by Gael McKeon here in Berkeley.
    Send me an email. Thanks....Lyle

7. adam clinton

Nov 16, 2007
    Columbus, Ohio
    I would probbaly be interested sent you a PM. Couldn't send email. Thanks Adam

8. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    I've got a Clevinger Concerto I've been considering selling. PM me for pix and details if interested.