Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Wanted: Pictures of the Galaxy in Santa Anna, CA

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by hateater, Dec 18, 2003.

1. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    I am going to see Vic there in Feb., and I would really like to know what this place looks like! Anyone have any pics?

2. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    The Galaxy is just a couple blocks from the QSC factory, and over the past eight years or so we've arranged with the owner to use it as a real-life test facility for our amplifiers and networking systems. It's got a really nice sounding system, with Renkus-Heinz speakers, QSC amps, and IIRC, a Yamaha PM4000 board.

It's got a good performance-oriented setup. Here's a photo as viewed from the stage: http://www.galaxytheatre.com/Seating/Room_View.jpg

There are other photos and info at www.galaxytheatre.com.

I'm looking forward to January 13, when I'll finally have a chance to play there myself. :bassist: When is Vic playing there?

3. Hey Bob,
    What are you going to be doing there on Jan 13? Who are you playing with? I am asking because I will be in LA for the NAMM show from Jan 12-19, and maybe I'll come down and see your show.
    I've been to the PRS Guitars party at the Galaxy the last few years, it's a cool venue to see a band in, and usually sounds pretty good.
    If it's not a private NAMM function let me know and I'll try to see your show....
    Cheers,
    Rod

4. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Hi Rod,

Unfortunately, it's a private QSC jam session event that evening! We're having our annual sales meeting there that day especially so we can demonstrate some of our new speaker lines and networked audio products to our sales reps and distributors in a real-life setting.

Once I heard we were having a jam session, well, I'll jam anywhere and everywhere!

5. No Problem Bob,
    I figured it'd be a NAMM/Sales Meeting thing...my Company sales meeting is the 13th as well in Anaheim.
    Cheers,
    Rod

6. Bob Lee (QSC)

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Cool, Rod! What company is that?

7. Samson/Zoom/Hartke...I am the Western Canadian Sales Manager for the Canadian distributor for these and a few other lines.

8. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    Thanks a bunch! Vic will be there Feb. 13th... Friday the 13th that is! Tix are still available as far as I know...