Wanted: solo bassguitar music.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Doryan, Sep 4, 2002.

1. I'm working out a lot of solo projects these days, only using bass and vocals. I'm trying to be a one man band.

So I'm looking for examples: recordings with only a bassguitar playing and perhaps some vocals.
    No drumcomputer, samples and sequencers.

It's also nice if someone can give me some tips on solo (solo as in only instrument, not as in cutting throug others instrument) bassguitar techniques.
  2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Eberhart Weber is a jazz/new-age 5 string URB player. Check "Pendulum".

Of course Victor Wooten and his album "Show of Hands".

Clatter is a band made of only 2 people. Singer/bassist and drummer.
    Very original approach for heavy music, with a lot of effects.
  3. This is what I really can use, I'm trying to play heavy music with only my bass. For the softer kind of music it's much easier to use only one instrument, best example is acoustic guitar and piano. I wanna do this on bass, playing metal.

But I doubt I'll succeed at this. :)
  4. http://barnaclebrensky.iuma.com

Its my website... my music is crude, not very good, but ONLy BAss... wiht an ecpetion of one song, which is jsut a funny song o made with fruityloops..

and DOnt steal any of my music please....
  5. Max Valentino's "A Caravan of Dreams"

_Very_ tasty.
  6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    If you don't mind that there's a drummer, there's a metal-type group called Godhead Silo that have several cds out. Just a bassist who occasionally sings/screams (more of the latter) and a drummer.
  7. Nice work man.
    Do you also perform this music live or is it just some recorded projects ?

... and I don't steel ideas.