1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Wanting add some high gain

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jscriv, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Jscriv

Jscriv

Feb 3, 2017
    Tonawanda NY
    I've came the decision I want to push a bunch of gain to add some dirt to my sound. If anyone is familiar with the suicide machines, their bass players sound on recent albums would be the target. I know he uses Traynor with the gain way up. I'm looking to do it with a pedal. Looking for guidance. As of now I'm considering an EHX hot tubes to see if I can add some tube dirt that way. Please, shower me with your opinions

2. forrestlaw

forrestlaw Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2018
    Houston
    It sounds like you want just a bit of overdrive and not full on fuzz/distortion. Short of actually getting a tube amp, something like a BlueBerry Bass Overdrive (Ampeg in a Box style pedal) or a Tech 21 VT Bass DI might suit your fancy. I have a Wren and Cuff Phat Phuk B that adds a bit of heft to my sound and that may also be in the realm of what you're looking for.

Nashrakh likes this.
  3. Agreed - also vote for damnation mbd1/mbd2. can go from juicy overdrive to grind and always sounds great.

4. Jscriv

Jscriv

Feb 3, 2017
    Tonawanda NY
    Thanks for the recommendations. Ill be looking into them this week.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021